FC Barcelona are closing in on a new deal for winger Ousmane Dembélé after injury scuppered any hopes of selling the Frenchman.
According to reports, Barça’s priority for the winter market is to secure the loan move of Raheem Sterling. The player would accept, as he wants to get more minutes than he is getting at Manchester City. Mateu Alemany is already working on the operation. [Sport]
There are some board members that are unsure it would be wise to keep Koeman until the end of the season.
• Meanwhile Laporta doesn’t want to make a reactionary decision, who has never fired a coach mid-season
• However, the Bayern result led to nerves among the board regarding Barca’s prospects this season.
• And it took Jordi Cruyff to calm things down and offer some perspective.
Sacking Ronald Koeman will cost Barcelona €12M in compensation. Several board members want the Dutch coach to be sacked, and several others want to wait and see if the team improves.
Joan Laporta does not consider Barça B coach Sergi Barjuán qualified to take over the first team job at the moment. Xavi is always an option but if he was not appointed at the beginning of the season it’s difficult to see him arriving now.
• Ansu had dinner with Jorge Mendes and accepted to reduce his salary to stay and succeed at the club
• He had previously rejected interest from Manchester City and, after a positive medical test, his come back on the pitch is very close.
Former Barcelona coach, Tito Vilanova, would have turned 53 today, He remains the only Barca manager to win La Liga with 100 points. A feat achieved through surgery and chemotherapy.A man loved by the football world.
Fabio Capello (ex-Madrid coach) to SkySport “Barcelona used to have so much quality that to play there would give you a headache. Against Bayern, they failed to register a single shot on target, there was the commitment, but not enough quality to create trouble for Bayern.”
Ansu Fati received the green light from doctors yesterday to play again, and Ronald Koeman has plans to play him on 26th September against Levante at the Camp Nou.
Official: Frenkie De Jong, Luuk de Jong, and Memphis Depay are called up for the provisional squad of the Netherlands for the matches against Latvia and Gibraltar.
Umtiti, who was not part of Koeman’s plans for this season, started all three games against Granada last season. The last time Umtiti started in LaLiga was against Granada on April 29. Umtiti once again feels in top form and wants to vindicate himself.
FC Barcelona vs Granada
20th September 2021